Thursday, November 16, 2006

How TV eats our time

In the past I used to watch a lot of TV. Anything. Sports, movies, a lot of movies, as well as documentaries . One can say that I was a TV addict. I would spend whole week-ends in front of the TV, or whole afternoons after work. It was relaxing after a hard days work. Then I met a person that did not have a TV. I thought I would show her all the channels and she would be hooked like me, but she did not want to sit in the house on the week-ends. One day we went to Barnes and Noble to browse some books and read magazines in the bookstore Cafe. I could not get enough of it. I started reading book after book and watching TV slowly become boring, many programs started to seam stupid, or plainly manipulative. I still enjoy watching classic old movies and my favorite TV series Sorpranos, but mostly my TV box is catching dust right now and I have a lot of time for many other, more interesting things.

No comments: