Saturday, December 9, 2006

The Buzz At The Museum

Today I visited the Brooklyn Museum. I saw very interesting art. On the fifth floor of the museum I saw an exhibit by a famous photographer, her name was Annie Leibovitz. She is a celebrity and fashion photographer. Annie had the opportunity to photograph many famous actors, political figures and models. Among these famous people who were photographed was Demi Moore when she was pregnant, Cindy Crawford posing nude in a portrait of Eve, Leonardo Dicaprio with a swan around his neck. There is also the former president Bill Clinton with Hillary and Chelsey Clinton.There is also president Bush with the original administration staff of 2000. Other actors she photographed include Jim Carey, Al Pachino, Jamie Fox, Kate Moss and Johnny Depp. The exhibit I found truly amazing was by Ron Mueck. He's said to be a master of replicating sagging skin,body hair, wrinkles, veins and other body details. I can personally say the guy is very good. His sculptures have a real life look,considering that some of the sculptures are humongous in size. It was amazing,I have never seen anything like it.

No comments: